Recently a friend asked if I had a peanut butter cookie recipe. Without missing a beat, I said of course – it’s on the website! After looking for myself though, I realized I was wrong, which I hate to admit. Peanut butter cookies are so classic that I somehow overlooked them with the Cookie of the Month series. Thankfully, my recipe was memorized and easily shared with all of you!
This is such a quick cookie and really drives home that nostalgic feeling. I love keeping these in the freezer or in a cookie jar!
Watch how to make these peanut butter cookies:
Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar slightly packed
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a stand mixer, cream the peanut butter, butter, and sugars until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and egg, mixing to incorporate.
- Finish with flour and baking soda and mix until no dry streaks remain.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop tablespoon-sized balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Press a cross pattern using the tines of a fork on each dough ball and bake in preheated oven 10-15 minutes. The center should still be soft with the edges just set.
- Remove from the oven and cool on pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan to cooling rack to finish cooling.
Just made these tonight after seeing your YT video. Oh yeah, this IS a keeper recipe! I love that it has half the butter than most other PB recipes. They are delicious and so easy and quick to make!
Thank you Kaleb for your fun video. My favorite thing to do is bake and share with friends, co-workers, and neighbors. I’m so excited to continue to follow The Grey Boxwood.
With Love and Appreciation, your fan,
P.S. I started following The Grey Boxwood because I plan on painting my kitchen cabinets white over Thanksgiving and I found you video as a tutorial. Still a scary project, but I feel a little more confident that I can do it! Again, Thank you.
Love, love, love! Thank you for an easy yummy PB cookie. Hubby loves them and that is what counts!
I do have peanuts so I don’t do the fork thingy LOL
Kaleb keep doing what you are doing with all your ”non-professional” skills, for me they are professional level!!! A+ 5*
Loved these cookies! So chewy and delicious!
Can I replace flour for Almond flour?