How is it that we never tire of cookies!? Maybe I’m speaking for myself but cookies are always a good idea. Sad? Make cookies. Happy? Make cookies. Need a gift? Make cookies! Honestly, they are such a delicious treat with endless possibilities. Every time I think I’ve seen all the recipes I could possibly find, a whole new cookbook finds me! I feel like everyone loves monster cookies: peanut butter, oats, candy – what isn’t to love?!
As most of my cookies do, these freeze wonderfully – if you have any left to freeze!
Watch how to make these monster cookies
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature M&M candies
- Cream the butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.½ cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar
- With the mixer running on low, add eggs one at a time, letting each incorporate.3 eggs
- Mix in vanilla extract and water.2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp water
- Mix in peanut butter.1 ½ cup peanut butter
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and oats.½ cup all-purpose flour, 2 tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt, 4 cups rolled oats
- Once mixed, stir in chocolate chips and M&M candies.¾ cup chocolate chips, 1 cup miniature M&M candies
- Using a cookie scoop, place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in preheated 350°F oven for 8-10 minutes. The edges will be golden and set with a soft center.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then finish cooling on a cooling rack for 10-15 minutes.