Table of Contents
I’m constantly amazed at the huge variety of cookie recipes. Just when I think I’ve made most of the options out there, BOOM! I realize there are hundreds more that are unique and so different from the ones I usually make. And these crunchy peanut cookies are no exception!
If you’re anything like me, you find yourself making the same cookies over and over because the recipe is, well… comfortable. Hopefully my Cookie of the Month series (maybe it should be called a mission?!) helps you broaden your cookie repertoire. This month’s cookie has a unique combination of ingredients but delivers a satisfyingly crispy, crunchy cookie with a surprisingly soft center.
But seriously, check out this center:
As most of my cookies do, this cookie freezes beautifully in an airtight container and can be defrosted and enjoyed weeks after they’re made! So now you have no excuse not to whip these up this weekend!
Other cookies you’ll love:
- Monster cookies complete with M&M’s
- Brown sugar cookies
- Citrus glazed orange cookies – I love some citrus in my cookies!
Have I convinced you to make this recipe?
I hope you make this recipe and put some food on your table. Leave a comment and share a star rating so you let others know how much you love this recipe. This helps show others that this is a recipe they too can make, enjoy, and love!
Watch how to make these crunchy peanut cookies
Crunchy Peanut Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 cup peanuts (personally, I use honey roasted)
- Prepare peanuts by measuring 1 cup, then chop in a food processor until coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Cream butter with sugars until light and fluffy, 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated after each egg.
- Add vanilla and mix. The mixture may look curdled after the vanilla, but this is normal.
- Sift together the flour, soda, powder, and salt. Add the sifted ingredients to the mixer and mix.
- Add the oatmeal, cornflakes, and prepared peanut mix until everything is incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop cookies onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 8-12 minutes until slightly puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on pan for 5 minutes then completely on a cooling rack.