Many of you say your favorite videos are the Cookie of the Month and it’s easy to see why! Cookies are an equalizer; we all love them and we all can make them. This month’s cookie incorporates matcha green tea powder – it’s kind of a craze currently – and while in a cookie, the health benefits are probably negated, the flavor definitely is not! This is a fun cookie that is unique but still one that everyone will love. Not to mention the green color makes these perfect for Saint Patrick’s Day celebrations!
As will most cookies, these freeze so well in an airtight container for up to three months. But trust me, they won’t last that long!
More popular cookie recipes
The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Molasses Crinkle Cookies
Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cookies
Watch how to make these matcha green tea cookies
Matcha Green Tea Cookies
- ¾ cup butter room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tbsp matcha tea powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 2-3 drops green food coloring optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.¾ cup butter, ¾ cup brown sugar, ¾ cup white sugar
- Add whole egg and egg yolk. Mix to incorporate then stir in vanilla.1 egg, 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift together flour, matcha, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the mixer and mix until just combined.2 cups flour, 3 tbsp matcha tea powder, ½ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt
- If a vibrant green hue is desired, add food coloring at this point to the desired color.2-3 drops green food coloring
- Remove from mixer and stir in white chocolate chips.1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- Using a cookie scoop, place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just set and slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking pan for 5 minutes. Then remove to a cooling rack.