Ice cream is my go-to sweet tooth craving. I can always be in the mood, and as my dad used to say, it can always fill in the cracks. This ice cream is over the top. A simple milk chocolate base with brownies, caramel, and pretzels goes to another level. With sweet, smooth and delicious flavors, it’s the best way to end Ice Cream Week!
This is an addicting treat and once that has become my guilty pleasure!
Watch how to make this brownie sundae ice cream:
Brownie Sundae Ice Cream
- In a 5 quart heavy-bottomed kettle, whisk together 2 cups milk, cream, sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- While heating, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of milk and cornstarch.
- Allow milk mixture to boil for 2 minutes then remove from heat and slowly whisk in the cornstarch slurry.
- Return to heat until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in pieces of milk chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Let cool to room temperature then place in an airtight container and chill at least 8 hours.
- Once chilled, freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturers' instructions. Mine takes about 25 minutes.
- When ice cream is frozen, stir in brownies, caramel, and pretzel pieces.
- Place in an airtight container and freeze an additional 4-6 hours. Stirring in the extra items will soften the ice cream.