Table of Contents
Frozen yogurt is everywhere but all the shops where you weigh your yogurt really don’t have a true yogurt flavor! Making fro-yo at home is so easy and really is so much more delicious! This frozen yogurt is slightly tart, which means it pairs perfectly with the almost spicy ginger and sweet peach sauce!
This is such a refreshing and delicious summer treat!
Watch how to make this ginger peach frozen yogurt:
Ginger Peach Frozen Yogurt
For the ice cream
- 1 qt whole milk plain yogurt
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the ginger peach sauce
- 4 ripe peaches peeled and sliced
- 1 inch piece ginger peeled
- 3 tbsp white granulated sugar
- Prepare yogurt base by whisking yogurt, sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth.1 qt whole milk plain yogurt, 1 cup white granulated sugar, 2 tbsp corn syrup, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place in an airtight container and chill 8 hours.
- Prepare the ginger peach sauce by placing peaches in a small kettle, grate in the ginger, and stir in sugar.4 ripe peaches, 1 inch piece ginger, 3 tbsp white granulated sugar
- Cook over medium-high heat until the peaches break down and thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Bring to room temperature and chill in an airtight container alongside yogurt base.
- Once chilled, freeze yogurt base in ice cream maker following the manufacturer's instructions. Mine takes about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and stir in ginger peach sauce.
- Enjoy right away or place in an airtight container and freeze for 4-6 hours.