Table of Contents
The Christmas season is so extremely busy: parties, programs, family gatherings, and shopping. With so much going on, it can be hard to fit everything in!
I always have a few recipes at hand that can be made when in a pinch. This cheesecake is a delicious no-bake dessert. It’s perfect for the holidays when you need fast and simple recipes to make on the fly when unexpected parties and gatherings pop up. Most times I don’t choose a no-bake dessert as it feels like cheating. But this cheesecake has turned me into a no-bake believer.
No-bake peppermint cheesecake ingredients
- Chocolate sandwich cookies: When crushed, these become the best press-in crust for the cheesecake. Sweet and chocolatey, they balance the peppermint perfectly.
- Cream cheese: This is an essential ingredient and the beginning of any cheesecake. Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Sweetened condensed milk: This is the secret component that gives the perfect creamy texture even after the cheesecake is frozen.
- Whipping cream: Once whipped to stiff peaks and folded with the remaining ingredients, the whipped cream gives a light texture to offset the heavy cream cheese. Since this is not baked, the whipped cream helps provide the cheesecake more of a baked consistency.
- Crushed peppermint candy: This is the real star. Not only does the candy offer the needed peppermint flavor, but the color slightly turns the cheesecake a festive pink hue.
Why make a no-bake dessert?
The most important part of any food is that it tastes good and looks good. The way it is made should not matter. This cheesecake really tastes like cheesecake but with a slightly lighter texture.
The method for making this is similar to no-churn ice cream. The ingredients are mixed together and frozen, creating a soft-enough texture to slice but frozen enough to hold a good shape. The best part is this can be made weeks in advance. Seriously, weeks! Keep in an airtight container and it will stay fresh!
Watch how to make this peppermint cheesecake
No-Bake Peppermint Cheesecake
For the crust
- 1 ½ cup chocolate sandwich cookies finely crushed
- 4 tbsp butter melted
For the filling
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream (may use prepared whipped topping)
- 1 lb cream cheese room temperature
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup peppermint candy finely crushed
For the crust
- Crush cookies using a food processor or using a bag with a meat pounder. Add butter and mix until completely incorporated.
- Press into a 9-inch springform pan, making sure to distribute the mixture evenly. If hand is sticking to the cookies, use plastic wrap and the bottom of a flat measuring cup. Once pressed in set aside.
For the filling
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the cream until it holds a peak, 2-3 minutes. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same bowl of the electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth, 2-3 minutes. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix well until fully incorporated with no lumps of cream cheese.
- Once the cream cheese and milk are well mixed, fold in the whipped cream. Add half of the whipped cream and fold to lighten, then add the remaining whipped cream and fold until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the crushed candy and pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least eight hours.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving, slice, and serve.