No-bake dessert crazes seem to come and go and right now I think we’re in one! Actually, they may seem trendy but no-bake items have been around for a long time: ever since people wanted to save time and avoid turning on the oven. This icebox cookie cake is one of the oldest and most classic. And as a bonus, it’s also the easiest. Simple ingredients of cookies and whipped cream create quite the stunning dessert!
This sounds too good to be true, but it really is this easy and becomes a true cake!
Watch how to make this icebox cookie cake:
No-Bake Icebox Cookie Cake
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 24-30 chocolate chip cookies
- Combine cream, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer (or use a hand mixer). Whip on high until cream is at stiff peaks.
- Place one layer of cookies in the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Break pieces of cookies to fill in gaps.
- Spread one quarter of the prepared whipped cream over the cookie layer. Repeat with three more layers of each, ending with whipped cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator at least eight hours. This allows the cookies to soften.
- Before serving, sprinkle the top with cookie pieces and cut into slices.