Table of Contents
Summer screams salads, well at least for me. Hot days call for cool, crisp, and refreshing salads and I love to mix different greens and various vegetables from the garden for use in my summer meals. My finishing touch is always a simple and fresh vinaigrette. I love to play around with different herbs, kinds of vinegar, and bases for my dressings and this is one of my favorites. Instead of adding strawberries to my salad, I blend them into the vinaigrette. Slightly sweet but balanced with balsamic vinegar, this is a perfect summertime treat!
Use this dressing on your favorite salad and make sure to garnish with summer’s freshest berries to accentuate the vinaigrette. This will soon be a summer (or year-round) staple for you!
Popular salad recipes
Roasted Vegetable and Salmon Salad
Chicken Fajita Salad
Grilled Zucchini & Onion Salad with Basil Dressing
Spring Cobb Salad with Creamy Herb Dressing
Watch how to make this strawberry vinaigrette dressing
Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- ½ lb strawberries cleaned with tops cut off
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp tarragon leaves removed from stem
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup neutral oil (alternatively, olive oil)
- Roughly chop prepared strawberries into a food processor.½ lb strawberries
- Add vinegar, salt, pepper, tarragon leaves, and lemon juice.2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, ¼ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, 3 tbsp tarragon leaves, 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pulse processor until combined and then process until fully blended.
- With processor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream to emulsify the vinaigrette.¼ cup neutral oil (alternatively, olive oil)