I love unique items, especially around the holidays. I feel like we all get in ruts where we bring the same dishes that we’re used to, assuming that people will like the “usual.” Let’s switch it up this year and make something special. This holiday fruit is perfect, warm, cozy and slightly spiced. As a bonus, this can be made in the slow cooker. Throw it together and forget about it! It’s perfect for breakfasts, brunches, and desserts!
This seriously is so easy and so delicious! Everyone always wants the recipe and now you have it!
Watch how to make this spiced fruit:
- 1 pineapple peeled, cored, and diced to bite-size pieces
- 2 15-oz cans apricot halves drained
- 2 15-oz cans pear slices drained
- 2 15-oz cans peach slices drained
- 2 21-oz cans cherry pie filling
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp amaretto optional
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- Clean and dice the pineapple and place in a large bowl.
- Dice apricots, pears, and peaches into bite-size pieces or leave larger if desired. Combine with pineapple.
- Add cherry pie filling then brown sugar, cinnamon, and amaretto if using.
- Stir together and pour into a slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours until warmed through and just bubbling around the edges.
- When serving, garnish with fresh lime zest and juice just to brighten the flavors.