I’m sort of a dip fanatic! Many times, my meals consist of various spreads and dips because I just love them! Big games always need big flavored dips, but in most cases, they’re usually heavy and extremely unhealthy. I’m not toting this as a health food, but it is definitely a lighter dip to enjoy.
For those thinking this will not satisfy like other dips, I promise it won’t disappoint. The base is a white bean hummus but the curry flavors make it truly amazing. My friend took a bite and exclaimed, “this is everything I want when I crave falafel!” Whether you love falafel or don’t even know what it is, I think you need to give it a try!
I love this served with pita chips, crackers, or vegetables. I’m always the one who brings relishes to a party! Honestly, this has become a staple in my refrigerator and soon to be yours as well!
Watch how to make this white bean hummus
Curried White Bean Hummus
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 15-oz cans white beans
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and salt and sauté until softened, about 3-5 minutes.2 tbsp olive oil, 3 tbsp chopped onion, 1 tsp salt
- Stir in garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Be sure not to burn or brown garlic.2 garlic cloves
- Add curry and cayenne powder and continue to sauté another minute.1 tbsp yellow curry powder, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Drain white beans and chickpeas. Rinse well to remove all canning liquid.2 15-oz cans white beans, 1 15-oz can chickpeas
- In a food processor, add rinsed and drained beans, chickpeas, tahini, and lime juice. You want to reserve some lime juice and add more as needed to achieve the consistency you like. If you don't have a food processor, you may use a blender.¼ cup tahini, ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Process until smooth and add cooled curry mixture. Process again, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Finish by adding cilantro and process to incorporate.1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- Taste and adjust salt or lime juice as needed.