Table of Contents
Recently, I talked about preserving fruit (and hopefully helped inspire you to do so) for use during the winter months. It really does not take too much time to put away a small amount of fruit for a wonderful pie or dessert in colder months! But fresh off the tree is the best and most fulfilling way to use fruits!
I’ve been picking buckets of cherries on The Farm and baking many wonderful dishes. The staple in American kitchens is cherry pie. But if you don’t have time for a pie, you must try this simple cobbler. As a bonus, this recipe can be transposed for any fruit, so this is a recipe you will be using all season long.
So simple. So fresh. Trust me, you’ll bake this time and again. Change the fruit, and your friends and family will think it is a new recipe every time!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- ⅔ cup milk
- 4 cups cherries (or berries)
- Melt butter in a 9×9 pan. Personally, I heat the oven up and melt the butter directly in the pan in the oven.
- Mix sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and milk in a bowl. When butter is melted, pour batter on top. Spoon fruit over the batter and butter mixture evenly and pour any juice from the fruit over the top. When fresh fruit is sliced or pitted, some juices and liquid will draw at the bottom of the bowl; make sure to drizzle this over the top before baking!
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 55 minutes until golden brown. The cobbler should be set in the middle and not jiggle when lightly shook.
- Serve with a scoop of quality vanilla ice cream or freshly-made whipped cream!
- If making a cobbler using a different fruit, use 2 ½ cups of desired fruit along with their juices.
This looks DIVINE!!! Will have to try!
Thanks so much Nici! Hope you love this cobbler as much as we do!!!
I’m going to try making this for my dad’s birthday since he loves cherries. Is it okay to use frozen cherries instead of fresh since they’re not in season yet? Thanks!
Love this recipe! So simple to make and so delicious!!