Now that you have my favorite and quick pizza crust recipe, you may as well know my go-to pizza toppings. As a kid, I loved experimenting with pizzas. This is one of my creations that stuck. Friends and family always ask for the sausage, pesto and spinach pizza and I easily oblige because I love it too. This is exactly why pizza is so much fun: you can create what you love. I admit I lean towards topping-heavy pizzas and this sturdy crust lends well to a lot of toppings.
Make sure to check out my favorite pesto recipes!
I love these flavors and cannot wait to hear what you all think! It feels like I’m having you all over for a pizza party!
Watch how to make this spinach pizza:
Sausage, Pesto & Spinach Pizza
- 1 prebaked pizza crust
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp minced thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- ½ cup onion
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup crumbled Feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Over medium heat, toast fennel seeds for 45 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add ground pork, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Brown mixture, breaking up with a wooden spoon. While the meat is browning, add thyme, parsley, onion, and garlic.
- Finish by adding the mushrooms and cook until the meat is evenly browned and the mushrooms have softened. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- To assemble the pizza, spread prepared pesto on the prebaked crust. Top with spinach, meat mixture, sliced mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and Feta cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and beginning to bubble. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.