Now that you have my favorite and quick pizza crust recipe, you may as well know my go-to pizza toppings. As a kid, I loved experimenting with pizzas. This is one of my creations that stuck. Friends and family always ask for the sausage, pesto, and spinach pizza and I easily oblige because I love it too. This is exactly why pizza is so much fun: you can create what you love. I admit I lean towards topping-heavy pizzas and this sturdy crust lends well to a lot of toppings.
Make sure to check out my favorite pesto recipes!
I love these flavors and cannot wait to hear what you all think! It feels like I’m having you all over for a pizza party!
More pizza recipes
Homemade Pizza Dough
Homemade Roasted Vegetable Pizza
Homemade Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Harvest Skillet Pizza
Watch how to make this spinach pizza
Sausage, Pesto & Spinach Pizza
- 1 prebaked pizza crust
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp minced thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ cup chopped Cremini mushrooms
- ½ cup onion
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Over medium heat, toast fennel seeds for 45 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant.1 tsp fennel seeds
- Add ground pork, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg. Brown mixture, breaking up with a wooden spoon. While the meat is browning, add thyme, parsley, onion, and garlic.½ lb ground pork, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper, ¼ tsp ground nutmeg, 1 tsp minced thyme leaves, 2 tbsp minced parsley, ½ cup onion, 1 clove garlic, minced
- Finish by adding the mushrooms and cook until the meat is evenly browned and the mushrooms have softened. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.¾ cup chopped Cremini mushrooms
- To assemble the pizza, spread prepared pesto on the prebaked crust. Top with spinach, meat mixture, sliced mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and feta cheese.1 prebaked pizza crust, ½ cup basil pesto, 2 cups baby spinach, 8 oz fresh mozzarella, ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Bake in preheated oven 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and beginning to bubble. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
I am making this next weekend but I am going to do a variation of goat cheese instead of feta … and I think I will make it on the grill on a stone 🙂
Thank you for all of your great recipes. I love watching your videos and lives too! PS Happy Belated Birthday!
We very much enjoyed this pizza. A lovely blend of flavors, very easy to prepare! Thank you, Kaleb 😊