Table of Contents
I confess, I am a pizza fanatic. This intense appreciation stems from the simple fact that there are endless creations and combinations to try. With summer approaching and the garden blossoming, my head is spinning with the thought of herb- and tomato-adorned fresh pizzas. I have always maintained that if you are having a small get-together or off-the-cuff company, a pizza is one of the quickest options to choose for a quick dish. Many of you may be wondering, “why not just order a pizza?” While that may be easier, making pizza is so rewarding. Plus, you are able to customize the pie to your palate’s exact desire.
Forget those packets of crust at the market and start making your own! With this simple recipe, you will be able to whip pizza up in no time.
Use this dough with any toppings you love. For some variation, add seasonings and spices directly to the dough when mixing. For a healthier crust, you can substitute a half cup of white flour for whole wheat flour.
Once you make this pizza dough, you will never want a store-bought crust again!
Easy Pizza Dough
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ¼ tsp (1 pkg) instant yeast
- 2 ½ – 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine warm water with sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved.
- Add oil to the water mixture.
- Pour in the flour and instant active dry yeast and work into the water mixture with a fork until the dough comes together. I use a different type of yeast than many are used to. Instant active dry yeast does not need to be activated with water first so I add it in with the flour!
- Lightly flour a work surface and finish the dough by kneading until smooth and elastic. If you are new to kneading, fold the dough in half and use the palm of your hand to push the dough away from you in a repetitive fashion.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl. I do not worry about letting it rise like other doughs. Just let it rest. Leave in a warm area for 10 minutes then roll out or hand press onto a pizza pan. Personally, I crimp the edges like a dessert pie but feel free to do whatever feels comfortable for you.
- Dock the crust with a fork and pre-bake the crust (without any toppings) for 7 minutes at 425°F.
You’ve inspired me! Perhaps a phone call to the local pizza shack won’t be coming from my phone next time I hear “let’s have some pizza”!! 🙂
We are so glad to have inspired you Susan!
I love watching u!!!
I love gardening, landscaping, canning, antiquing, cooking ( well eating really!!!)
My love to Kip!!!😘
My entire family loved this pizza dough❤️
A very basic and easy dough recipe. Yeast doughs and I sometimes don’t work too well but this recipe turned out beautiful and made a delicious crust for my pizza!
Just signed up for the emails. Love all your videos (especially with Kip included) and recipes that are amazing! Going to be making pizza today using this recipe and have confidence it will come out great as all of your recipes do. Thanks!😊❤Karen