Yeah, I know what you’re thinking: “Homemade pizza dough?!? When I want pizza, I pick up the phone and order!” I admit that may be quick, but I think this could almost – I never make promises – be quicker and most definitely better.
To tell the truth, I never knew what delivery was growing up. No, I’m not that sheltered, but we just lived in that rural an area that the delivery drivers wouldn’t even think of the suggestion of delivery. So when we had pizza, it was always homemade and always delicious.
This dough is extremely fast, easy and will give you the option for homemade pizza whenever you want it!
You can get my favorite instant active dry rise yeast here.
Really this is so simple and easy. Oh, and did I mention delicious?! Have fun coming up with pizza combinations because the possibilities are endless!
My favorite pizza recipes
Sausage, Pesto & Spinach Pizza
Homemade Roasted Vegetable Pizza
Homemade Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Harvest Skillet Pizza
Watch how to make this homemade pizza dough
Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ¾ – 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and salt in the water.1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 cup warm water
- Add olive oil, whole wheat flour, 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, and yeast.2 tbsp olive oil, ½ cup whole wheat flour, 1 ¾ – 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp instant yeast
- Stir together to form a sticky dough. Add only enough flour for a smooth but soft dough.
- Work a few times on the counter until smooth, then place in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 15 minutes. The dough will not rise much during the resting time.
- After resting, roll or press out dough into the desired shape or into a pizza pan. This is enough dough for a 21×15-inch sheet pan or 18-inch round pizza pan.
- Place in preheated 400°F oven for 6-8 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove and top with any sauces and toppings desired. Finish baking for 15-20 minutes with toppings.
- Alternatively, the raw dough can be frozen before the resting stage. When it’s time to use, remove from freezer and thaw to room temperature, about 2-3 hours. Then continue with the recipe.
Delicious! Great photos too. What type of lens did you use for that? Would love to get shots of my food like that.
Kaleb, have you ever baked this pizza in an Ooni pizza oven? Bought my husband one a couple years ago, but until I saw your pizza dough recipe haven’t been able to “perfect” a good dough. Yours looks very good and easy.
This pizza dough is amazing – light, airy, delicious! Will always do the slow rise fridge method from here on out! Game changer
I haven’t tried the recipe yet. But I wanted to ask if you had any easy or good gluten free bread recipes as my daughter now needs gluten free and is a bread junkie 😃.
Thank you in advance
Love the easy dough the oil was ringer
Thanks so much