Table of Contents
Friends of mine know I have a large popcorn obsession. I simply love popcorn, any flavor. No matter the time of day I can munch on my favorite snack. Caramel corn is classic and this one is an even easier, simplified recipe. A quick caramel, a little baking soda and you’re ready to eat…and eat and eat! This is so easy and so delicious that you’ll be making it all fall long.
Quick Caramel Corn
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 5 qt popped popcorn
- Preheat oven to 200°F and spray two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Have popcorn popped and ready in a large bowl.
- Bring butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, and salt to a low boil over medium-high heat. Continue boiling for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda. Continue stirring until soda is incorporated and the caramel is lighter in texture.
- Pour over prepared popcorn and stir until the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Evenly divide on two baking sheets and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool, and enjoy!