Table of Contents
Around the holidays there are just too many things to think about: menus for parties, gifts for family, decorating… And many times, we forget about those small hostess gifts or items for the people we take for granted. During this season, I love to give away what I bake and make. I have so many items spilling out of my kitchen and for me, it is a true gift from the heart. I scour craft stores for boxes and bags to use for gifting and before I know it, I have perfect gifts for anyone!
Who doesn’t love a homemade treat? This quick and simple caramel-coated snack mix is perfect around the holidays!
Anyone will love receiving this edible gift. Just make sure to make extra as you will want it all for yourself!
More Christmas desserts
Cranberry Apple Pear Crisp
Decadent Chocolate Mousse
Watch how to make this caramel nut mix
Caramel Nut Crispix
- ¼ cup white corn syrup
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups cashews roasted and salted
- 12 cups Crispix
- Place cereal and cashews in a large bowl and set aside.12 cups Crispix, 1 ¼ cups cashews
- In a medium saucepan, bring corn syrup, brown sugar, and butter to a low boil over medium heat. Boil lightly (slightly harder than a simmer) for five minutes.¼ cup white corn syrup, 1 cup light brown sugar, ½ cup unsalted butter
- After five minutes, remove from heat and immediately stir in baking soda until completely incorporated. The mixture will become foamy and grow in volume.½ tsp baking soda
- Pour mixture over prepared cereal and cashews. Use a large spatula or spoon and mix gently but thoroughly. Mix to coat all of the cereal with the caramel mixture.
- Pour into two large baking pans and place in a preheated 200°F oven for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool and store in airtight container.
Where did you get the box?
Love your channel btw 🙂