Nothing is more summer than a pie. With summer coming to a fast close I had to squeeze in one of my favorite desserts. A pie is perfect at any time of the year, and for me, it evokes homemade nostalgia at its best. This one is chilled and is simply perfect for those warm days!
This pie is best served with lightly whipped cream or homemade ice cream. Your guests will ask you to make this for every event. It truly brings the best flavors of the season together in a fabulous pie!
Make sure to grab my favorite pie crust recipe.
Watch how to make this peach blackberry pie:
Peach Blackberry Pie
- 1 prebaked 10-inch pie shell
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp peach jello
- 1 package gelatin
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup blackberries, cleaned
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn starch, salt, corn syrup, and 1 cup water. Stir and place over medium heat. In a separate bowl, pour the package of gelatin over 3 tablespoons water to let bloom. Raise heat on the stove and bring mixture to a low boil. Cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Once thickened, remove from heat. Add bloomed gelatin and peach jello, stirring to combine. Fold in prepared peaches and blackberries.
- Pour filling into a pre-baked pie shell and place in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours until completely chilled.
- If you want to use a 9-inch shell, reserve 1 cup of the thickened fruit and filling in a separate bowl and enjoy separately.