Table of Contents
This bread is the perfect way to welcome guests to a Christmas breakfast/brunch or to give away as gifts. With fresh orange and tart cranberry flavors, you’ll be making this time and again. The instant you smell this bread baking you will make it a tradition. Every time cranberries are stocked in my local grocery store, I start to dream about this bread. And after making this once, I think you will too!
Watch how to make this cranberry nut orange bread:
Cranberry Nut Orange Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups chopped cranberries
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour the pans well if using traditional baking pans. I use paper pans to give away the bread as gifts!
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Cut in butter, add orange juice, egg, and zest and mix, just to incorporate.
- Fold in nuts and cranberries. To chop the cranberries, I use a food processor. You can also chop by hand.
- Spoon into pans and bake. If using 3-4 smaller pans, bake for 30-40 minutes. If using one large pan, bake for 45-60 minutes.