Table of Contents
Easter brings a change of course for me. Even if the weather is not cooperating, Easter Sunday means a springtime meal for my family: fresh flavors and the best of what spring has to offer. Asparagus is the first vegetable I usually harvest from the garden. And if Easter happens to fall early or the weather stays cool, grocers usually have it available. I think many have a bad view of soggy and limp asparagus, but if roasted, it remains perfectly crisp, tender and has great flavor!
This is such a simple and delicious spring side dish!
Watch how to make this roasted asparagus recipe
Have I convinced you to make this recipe?
I hope you make this recipe and put some food on your table. Leave a comment and share a star rating so you let others know how much you love this recipe. This helps show others that this is a recipe they too can make, enjoy, and love!
Vinaigrette Roasted Asparagus
- ½ cup chopped leek
- 12 oz asparagus trimmed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 slices chopped prosciutto
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- 1 tbsp minced tarragon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop the cleaned leek and place it on a large baking sheet.½ cup chopped leek
- Follow with the asparagus. Wash the asparagus, trimming to ensure the woody ends are removed.12 oz asparagus
- Chop prosciutto and set aside.4 slices chopped prosciutto
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour over prepared leeks and asparagus. Toss and place in a single layer. Follow with the prosciutto.4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper
- Place in preheated oven and roast until crisp-tender, 15-25 minutes. The easiest way to check if the asparagus is done is to taste one or insert a knife and ensure it meets little resistance.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly, 5 minutes.
- Top with chopped egg and tarragon.2 hardboiled eggs, 1 tbsp minced tarragon