Table of Contents
Salads have taken a wonderful new spot lately in many kitchens: center stage. Those old, lackluster, and mundane iceberg lettuce salads are out and so many options have sprung up to choose from. Growing up, I recall always being fascinated with salads at potlucks and various events, primarily for the fact that there are endless possibilities with salads and so many ingredients to throw together for a unique and refreshing dish.
What is more refreshing and oh-so-spring than wonderful peas? This pea salad is light and scrumptious: a perfect addition to any meal.
Place your homemade spring salad in a glass dish to display the bright, seasonal colors. Watch as this dish quickly disappears as friends and family enjoy the tastes of the season.
More spring recipes
Sheet Pan Gnocchi
Rosemary Basil Gin and Soda
Asparagus Spring Salad
Lemon Meringue Pie
- 2 pints peas
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp pepper
- small cheese cubes
- If using fresh peas, make sure to blanch them. Personally, I use my home-grown peas that have been blanched and frozen. You may also use store-purchased frozen peas. Thaw and let drain well.2 pints peas
- Cut the hardboiled eggs to any consistency desired and place them in the bowl with the peas. To hard boil eggs, cover the desired number of eggs with water and bring to a boil. Then simmer and leave with the lid on the kettle for 20 minutes.4 hardboiled eggs
- Add sour cream and mayonnaise. If you want more or less dressing, the salad can easily be altered to your preference. If you want an even healthier version, try substituting the mayonnaise with a low fat Greek yogurt.½ cup sour cream, ½ cup mayonnaise
- Add freshly cracked pepper. I like to crack my pepper in a mortar with a pestle, giving a more rugged and course consistency to the pepper.¼ tsp pepper
- Throw in the scallions, cheese, and peanuts.4 scallions, small cheese cubes, peanuts
Oh this Spring Salad looks amaze! I must pin it!!!
Made this for a dinner party last night and it was a huge hit…followed instructions to the tee and it was fantastic! (only substitute was that I used rice wine vinegar). So, so, good!