Table of Contents
Pecan pie is an all-time favorite of mine, and I think many others as well! It is perfectly sweet and iconic of most Thanksgiving day meals. I try not to mess with a recipe that gets it right and pecan pie is one of those. Yes, there are variations and additions one can make but why change what is already so delicious? This is a tried and true family favorite, flavored with the option of bourbon to bring out the natural flavors. This is seriously so simple yet so delicious!
Serve with lightly whipped cream or a little vanilla ice cream, just to guild the lily. You won’t have to worry about leftovers with this pie as your guests will want seconds no matter how full they are!
If you need the perfect pie shell, make sure to check out my pie crust recipe!
Watch how to make this pecan pie:
Have I convinced you to make this recipe?
I hope you make this recipe and put some food on your table. Leave a comment and share a star rating so you can let others know how much you love this recipe. This helps show others that this is a recipe they, too, can make, enjoy, and love!
Simple Pecan Pie
- 1 pie crust recipe
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp bourbon (optional)
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 ½ cups pecans (½ cup chopped coarsely)
- Mix together sugar and butter. Add eggs and flour. Mix to combine. Add salt, vanilla bourbon (if desired) and corn syrup and whisk together.
- Fold in pecans and pour into prepared 9-inch pie shell.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and continue baking for 45-60 minutes until the middle just slightly jiggles and the edges are set. If crust starts to get too dark cover, with crust cover or tin foil.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before serving.