Christmas baking is like none other. I think we all want to impress not just our loved ones, but ourselves as by baking and making amazing candies and treats. I’ve come from a long tradition of baking and candy-making during the holidays. So every year, not only do I have the traditions I like to keep, but I also like to add new recipes and concoctions. These cookies are practically candy, especially since they involve candy itself! They’re simple to make but also a crowd pleaser and usually one of the first items to be eaten.
I think it will be fairly easy to see why these are a must every holiday season at The Farm. While they seem simple, and truly are easy to bake, they are something truly special. They’re the perfect seasonal cookie and soon to be a new tradition in your home!
Watch how to make these peanut butter cup cookies:
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- miniature peanut butter cups
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, peanut butter, and vanilla, mixing to incorporate after each addition.
- Sift flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into small, 1-inch, balls. Place in miniature muffin tins and push the center down with fingers to create a "bowl" shape.
- Place in preheated 375°F oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden and puffed around the edges.
- Once baked, immediately place unwrapped peanut butter cup in the center of each cookie, pressing until level on top of the cookie.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes in the pan, otherwise, the peanut butter cups and cookie may collapse and leak out.
- After 10 minutes, remove from pan and let cool on a rack.
- To finish the cookies, drizzle chocolate (semisweet or milk) over the top.