There is something so special about the Fourth of July. The summer does not bring too many holidays so the Fourth is an oasis during a holiday draught – right in the middle of summer when you want to enjoy the outdoors. A picnic or eating al fresco is the perfect answer and grilled burgers are my go-to main dish. Nothing is more summer or better to enjoy outdoors. A little char from the grill and flavors that make your mouth water for more help make summer the perfect season.
Watch how to make these grilled burgers:
These burgers are juicy and full of flavor, perfectly grilled, and ready for any summer picnic!
- 2 lb ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 lb ground pork
- 2 packages dry onion soup mix
- 2 packages dry ranch dip mix
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Mix all ingredients together. Hands work the best to fully incorporate, but gloves can be used. Using a ½ cup scoop, or just eyeing the size, make patties with your hand, creating a uniform shape. The patties can be made several hours in advance and kept in the refrigerator until ready to grill.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and place patties on the grate. Let cook for 4-5 minutes per side depending on how you enjoy your burgers. I like them to be firm to the touch.
- For a special touch, butter the inside of your buns and lightly grill them before serving.