Ribs can be daunting. Don’t worry: you are not alone if you find yourself looking past a rack of ribs in the meat counter for something else, something a little bit…easier. I love to eat them but they aren’t something I make very often. As the barbecue realm has become more and more popular, I’m always a little worried I won’t cook ribs correctly. I don’t always have the time or energy to smoke them and grilling them doesn’t always give the perfect results I desire. But when I embarked on a winter full of slow cooker recipes, I realized slow-cooking meat gives tender, fall-apart results. So why not slow cook the ribs?! This process gives a different texture than smoked or grilled ribs. But believe me, the way these melt in your mouth, you won’t be missing a thing. You now have no excuse because a simple sauce and a slow cooker is all you need for quick and delicious ribs!
Watch how to make these slow cooker short ribs:
Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¾ tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp neutral oil (grapeseed, corn, or vegetable)
- 2 lb ribs (spare, baby back, or country-style)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the oil and ribs. Whisk to combine and dissolve the sugar. Set aside.
- If using a rack of ribs, cut into portions that contain 1-2 bones.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the ribs on each side until well browned, 4-6 minutes per side. Be sure to not crowd the skillet or the ribs will steam and not brown.
- Once browned, place the ribs in a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the ribs, making sure all are coated.
- Cover with lid and cook on low 6-8 hours. The ribs will be fall-apart tender. If a thickened sauce is desired, pour into a small kettle and simmer for 10-15 minutes to condense and thicken.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Love watching your videos. Awesome!! Keep them coming.????