Table of Contents
Apple cider is what I would deem the quintessential flavor of autumn. And I know I’m not alone in this sentiment!
For this cocktail, I use 100% apple cider. There’s no sugar added, no other flavorings, and no filtering. It’s simply pressed apples that have the best sweet and tart flavor.
The main alcohol in this recipe is whiskey, which is made from fermented grain. The grain can be rye, wheat, or corn, all of which result in a distinct flavor. Whiskey is often a drink on its own, usually sipped slowly, but it’s the perfect complement to apple cider.
In this drink, whiskey is mixed with a small amount of orange liqueur to provide a sweet citrus flavor. Apple cider is mixed in with ice to ensure it is well chilled. To finish, a splash of ginger beer is poured on top.
This is the perfect drink that feels both seasonal and refreshing!
More drink recipes
Apple Cider Sangria
Whole Fruit Blended Margarita
French 75 Cocktail
Watch how to make this recipe.
Have I convinced you to make this recipe?
I hope you make this recipe and put some food on your table. Leave a comment and share a star rating so you let others know how much you love this recipe. This helps show others that this is a recipe they too can make, enjoy, and love!
Spiked Apple Cider
- 2 oz whiskey
- ½ oz orange liqueur
- ½ cup apple cider
- 1 cup ice cubes
- ¼ cup ginger beer
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 homemade apple chip (optional)
- To a glass, combine the whiskey, orange liqueur, and apple cider.2 oz whiskey, ½ oz orange liqueur, ½ cup apple cider
- Add in as many ice cubes as desired.1 cup ice cubes
- Top with ginger beer, cinnamon, and homemade apple chip.¼ cup ginger beer, dash of cinnamon (optional), 1 homemade apple chip (optional)