Table of Contents
What more do I need to say: blackberries and mojitos. Cocktails have taken on a wonderful new life recently. All over, people are experimenting and creating delectable drinks that anyone can replicate! With the temperature finally catching up to the calendar, we’re rolling out the warmer-weather drinks to cool off! A mojito is classically summer with fresh, crisp mint and lime flavors paired with just the right amount of fizz. For a touch sweetness and a kick of citrus, we’ve added blackberries and lime zest.
Simple. Classic. Spring.
- 5 blackberries
- 10 mint leaves
- zest of one lime
- 2-4 oz white rum
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tbsp simple syrup
- club soda
- Add the blackberries, lime zest, and mint leaves into the bottom of a glass and muddle. There should be no worry about over-mashing the blackberries. It's best if all the juices and flavor escape, so crush away!
- Add the simple syrup, rum, a few cubes of ice, and lime juice. Stir. If a non-alcoholic drink is desired, leave out the rum.
- Top off with club soda.
- Garnish with a few blackberries and a mint sprig if a special presentation is desired.
- To make the simple syrup, dissolve equal parts sugar and water over heat.
- A muddle is a bar tool used to crush ingredients together. The purpose is not to break apart the ingredients, only to crush them to release the oils and flavors. If you don’t have a muddle, no worries. Use the back of a wooden spoon instead.