I am always amazed how each time I don’t think I’ll find an original cookie recipe, I end up finding numerous ones! There are so many different cookies, each with its own unique flavors. And even if you don’t call yourself a baker, you can definitely make a cookie. These simple almond-flavored cookies use such simple flavors and use honey – a favorite of mine! Simple ingredients work together for a perfect cookie!
These are simple cookies, but that means the honey and almonds really shine through. Perfect with dessert or coffee, these are great cookies to try!
Watch how to make these honey almond cookies
Honey Almond Cookies
For the cookies
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
For the honey butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp butter room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread sliced almonds on a small pan and toast in the oven until golden and fragrant, tossing every few minutes, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool, then chop in small pieces and set aside.¼ cup sliced almonds
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar
- Add honey and egg, mixing after each addition.¼ cup honey, 1 egg
- Add almond extract.½ tsp almond extract
- Mix in almond flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt until no dry ingredients remain and the dough is well combined.½ cup almond flour, 3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 ½ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt
- Using a cookie scoop, place cookies on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten using thumb to create an indentation.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes until golden and set. The cookies will spread slightly.
- Remove from oven and repress indent with thumb.
- Let cool on baking pan for 5 minutes then move to a cooling rack.
- While cookies are baking, combine honey and butter and mix until combined.¼ cup honey, 2 tbsp butter
- Before the cookies are completely cooled, spoon ½ teaspoon honey butter mixture on top in the indentation.
- Sprinkle the top of the cookie with prepared almonds.