Whether you’re hosting a festive New Year’s Eve party, attending one, or just in the market for something amazing to eat for a festive night in, this “homemade” ice cream will do the trick. Each time I make my grandma’s recipe, everyone asks me where it’s from. When I disclose the secret that it’s homemade, people are floored. The cream is smooth, easy to scoop, and the flavors are the most unique combination of mint and lime. Fresh, simple, and always festive!
Guests will love this dessert and want it time and again. The flavors are unique and the texture is amazing! Grandma used to serve this with chocolate syrup and a maraschino cherry. Nowadays, I like to serve it with some chocolate liqueur and more whipped topping. It’s a holiday, right? Calories don’t count!
For New Year’s, serve it with a lit sparkler or whatever feels festive! It’s the perfect New Year’s dessert after an evening of appetizers or after a meal. Happy New Year’s!
Watch how to make this crème de menthe ice cream:
Crème de Menthe Ice Cream
- 8 cups lime sherbet
- 16 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3 cups prepared whipped topping
- ⅔ cup crème de menthe liqueur
- Let the ice cream and sherbet soften at room temperature for approximately 20 minutes before assembling. Once softened, spoon them into a large bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to incorporate. If the items are soft enough, a spoon may be used.
- Add the whipped topping and crème de menthe liqueur (make sure to purchase the dark green variety) and mix to completely incorporate all the ingredients. No strands of whipped topping or chunks of ice cream should be visible.
- Freeze overnight or at least four hours before serving. This ice cream maintains a very soft and scoop-able consistency.
I’ve been following you foe a while now and I really like your the fun that you have with whatever you are doing. I also did a few of your recipe and it really did come out. Thank you and I do look forward to more of your wonderful cooking.
We love ice cream and this recipe is so easy to make! Where did you find the white storage cups with lids? Thank you for all the energy you put into your videos. I thoroughly enjoy them.