Table of Contents
Summer calls for a different type of cookie. Well, actually any cookie is good all the time. But in the summer, I don’t like too much spice or strong flavors so these macadamia nut cookies are perfect. Almost light and island-like – maybe that’s wishful thinking – these cookies are my summer go-to. I can’t wait for you to fall in love with these cookies as much as I have!
These freeze very well and are extremely delicious!
Watch how to make these Macadamia nut cookies
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- ¾ cup butter room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ⅔ cups flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted unsweetened coconut
- ¾ cup chopped Macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread coconut on a small baking sheet and set in the oven. Shake and stir every two minutes until lightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.1 cup toasted unsweetened coconut
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.¾ cup butter, ¾ cup brown sugar, ⅓ cup white granulated sugar
- Mix in egg and vanilla until well incorporated.1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until no dry streaks remain.1 ⅔ cups flour, ¾ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt
- Add chocolate chips, prepared coconut, and nuts. Mix or fold in.1 ½ cups white chocolate chips, 1 cup toasted unsweetened coconut, ¾ cup chopped Macadamia nuts
- Using a cookie scoop, drop cookies on parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake until slightly golden around the edges, 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on pans for five minutes. Then remove to rack and cool completely.