Gourmet chocolates are beautiful gifts, let alone delicious treats. I love giving small chocolates to special friends in my life, especially around Valentine’s Day. I mean, what is more perfect than love and chocolate?!
Honestly, making chocolate treats is easy and you can customize them to the flavors and add-ins that you crave, making them a personalized and thoughtful creation. With the addition of a candy stick from a craft store baking aisle, these seem like an amazing gourmet item, easy enough to enjoy year-round.
With no baking needed and just a few simple ingredients, you can become a chocolatier. As a bonus, you can let the recipients of these delicious treats believe you bought them at a gourmet shop!
You don’t really need a recipe as you can use any amount and variations you chose, but this is what I enjoy.
Watch how to make these chocolate pops
- 20-25 candy sticks
For the chocolate
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 oz white chocolate
- ½ tsp espresso powder
For the toppings
- salted chopped nuts
- finely ground pistachios
- dried apricots
- dried tart cherries
- Chop the chocolate (making it easier to melt) and place approximately ⅔ into a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 30-second increments, stirring in between to melt the chocolate.4 oz bittersweet chocolate, 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- When melted, add reserved ⅓ of chopped chocolate. Stir in and let melt. This tempers the chocolate and brings the temperature down slightly. Add espresso powder (only to dark chocolate). If using white chocolate, follow the same melting instructions as for dark chocolate. Once completely melted, if using, pour into a squeeze bottle.2 oz white chocolate, ½ tsp espresso powder
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, lay out candy sticks and create "chocolate pops" by making a circle and filling it in with the chocolate. You can make them any size, but I like to make them about bite size: nice and easy to eat.
- Top with your choice of toppings. Set in a cool place and let alone until completely hardened. Remove from parchment and enjoy!salted chopped nuts, finely ground pistachios, dried apricots, dried tart cherries