Table of Contents
I may have already mentioned that I am obsessed with bananas this year. I happen to do this – have obsessions. And thankfully, bananas are extremely versatile. Recently there is a trend to freeze banana chunks and blend them. Can you believe people call that ice cream?! This is an actual banana cream pie ice cream with added egg yolks to make it more pudding-like, just like the pie.
Watch how to make this banana cream pie ice cream:
Other pie-flavored ice creams
Since I know you’ll love this ice cream as much as I do, make sure to leave me a comment and a recipe rating once you make it!
Banana Cream Pie Ice Cream
- 1 ¾ cups whole milk
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- Whisk together the milk, cream, sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch, corn syrup and salt.
- Place over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture starts to steam. Continue to whisk and bring the mixture to a boil. When boiling throughout, remove from heat. Pass through strainer if needed.
- Whisk in vanilla and mashed bananas.
- Cool off slightly, 5-8 minutes.
- Pour into airtight container and chill 8-10 hours.
- When finished, spoon into airtight container and place in deep freeze an additional 4-6 hours until hardened.