Table of Contents
I may have already mentioned that I am obsessed with bananas this year. I happen to do this – have obsessions. And thankfully, bananas are extremely versatile. Recently there is a trend to freeze banana chunks and blend them. Can you believe people call that ice cream?! This is an actual banana cream pie ice cream with added egg yolks to make it more pudding-like, just like the pie.
Watch how to make this banana cream pie ice cream:
Other pie-flavored ice creams
- French silk pie ice cream
- Lemon meringue pie ice cream
- Peanut butter pie ice cream
Have I convinced you to make this recipe?
I hope you make this recipe and put some food on your table. Leave a comment and share a star rating so you let others know how much you love this recipe. This helps show others that this is a recipe they too can make, enjoy, and love!
Banana Cream Pie Ice Cream
- 1 ¾ cups whole milk
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- Whisk together the milk, cream, sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch, corn syrup and salt.1 ¾ cups whole milk, 1 ¼ cups heavy cream, 2 egg yolks, ¾ cup dark brown sugar, 1 ½ tbsp cornstarch, 2 tbsp corn syrup, ½ tsp kosher salt
- Place over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture starts to steam. Continue to whisk and bring the mixture to a boil. When boiling throughout, remove from heat. Pass through strainer if needed.
- Whisk in vanilla extract and mashed bananas.1 ½ tsp vanilla extract, 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- Cool off slightly, 5-8 minutes.
- Pour into airtight container and chill 8-10 hours.
- To freeze, remove from refrigerator and pour into ice cream freezer. Follow the directions with your freezer; each one can vary. My KitchenAid stand mixer (affiliate link) with ice cream maker attachment (affiliate link) takes about 20-25 minutes to freeze fully.
- When finished, spoon into airtight container and place in deep freeze an additional 4-6 hours until hardened.