Table of Contents
Sides can make or break an outdoor barbecue. So simple salads are a go-to for me. Nothing too fancy, just simple ingredients from the garden. I love using what is in season for the freshest flavors and for their quick options. Luckily, I can run out to the garden and gather a few greens while I ponder up the perfect vinaigrette. This salad has the perfect vinaigrette which can be adapted for any salad!
Watch how to make this pear kale salad:
Spicy Pear Kale Salad
For the vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 3-5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
For the salad
- 8 cups loosely packed kale, washed, spun dry, and roughly chopped
- 3 pears, diced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients and mix to combine. Set aside until ready to serve.
- For the salad, start with the kale. Layer the pears and Parmesan cheese on top and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Serve immediately.