Many of you have asked for my homemade granola recipe and I’m more than happy to share the recipe. Granola is just plain cozy. I mean, honestly, there is something downright comforting about granola. What I love most about it is how versatile it is. Not only is it wonderful on yogurt or with milk, but it’s also fantastic on ice cream and pairs perfectly with fruit. It’s even better on apple crisp and so many other desserts!
This granola is spiced up for the fall season and uses some pumpkin. I love to have this on hand, mostly for myself, but also to give away as gifts. Put some in little bags or mason jars and you’re all set. Who wouldn’t want to receive homemade granola!?
Watch how to make this pumpkin spice granola:
To store, place in an airtight container. This will keep at room temperature for at least a week, two to four weeks in the refrigerator, or up to three months in the freezer. But once you taste it, I don’t think storage will be a problem.
Pumpkin Spice Granola
For the syrup
- ½ cup extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
For the granola
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup wheat germ
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a small saucepan, combine the syrup ingredients. Place over medium low heat and stir occasionally while mixture melts together and everything becomes incorporated.
- While the syrup is heating, mix together the granola ingredients in a large bowl.
- When the syrup is melted and the sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and pour over granola. Stir to combine and evenly coat.
- Spread granola on two large rimmed baking sheets and place in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes. Stir granola every 10 minutes to ensure the mixture is evenly drying. When done, the granola should feel dry and not clump together easily.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour.