Table of Contents
A Christmas cookie can be any cookie that brings back Christmas memories. For me, that list is never-ending. My childhood was filled with endless cookies every season. There were oftentimes so many that we hardly knew what to do with them all! This is a great problem to have and one that I have seemed to make into a tradition.
Christmas time evokes a feeling of nostalgia unlike any other and I can’t stop baking and making all sorts of treats. Homemade goods really do make the best gifts and are just fun to have around. These chocolate thin min cookies are a family favorite at The Farm and you will see why! They are a chocolate cookie sandwich with a smooth and creamy mint center! They’re so delicious that I usually double the recipe!
Watch how to make these thin mint cookies:
Chocolate Thin Mint Christmas Cookies
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 25 thin mints
- Melt chocolate in the microwave and set aside to cool slightly. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat melted chocolate, butter, corn syrup, egg, and sugar on low speed until well incorporated. Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add dry ingredients to mixer running on low speed. Increase speed to mix until just combined. Chill dough in an airtight container for at least two hours or overnight.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon measurer, make small balls of dough. Roll in sugar and place on a parchment-lined or ungreased baking sheet. Put in a preheated 350-degree oven for 10-12 minutes, until set but slightly soft in the middle of the cookie.
- Let set on pan for two minutes. While warm, turn half of the cookies upside down. Place thin mint on top and immediately set another cookie on top, creating a sandwich. Let thin mint melt then twist and gently push cookies together. This spreads the thin mint to the edges and seals the "sandwich."
- Let cool completely and enjoy!