Table of Contents
While Labor Day is the unofficial beginning to fall, the true date is not until the end of September! While it is fast approaching, I think it’s important to use the fresh flavors of summer just a little while longer while they’re still ripe and at their peak flavors.
A simple way I love to enjoy peaches and raspberries is in these rustic scones. Usually, if I’m having a scone, I just eat some fruit on the side. But then one day, I thought – well, why not stuff it inside!? You’ll soon see why this idea was long overdue. These scones are simple to make and so delicious!
I love to enjoy these with a little cinnamon butter (4 tablespoons room temperature salted butter mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon) or just by themselves. These aren’t overly sweet, letting the flavor of the fruit shine through! Enjoy the last fresh flavor of summer!
Watch how to make these peach & raspberry scones:
Have I convinced you to make this recipe?
I hope you make this recipe and put some food on your table. Leave a comment and share a star rating so you let others know how much you love this recipe. This helps show others that this is a recipe they too can make, enjoy, and love!
Peach & Raspberry Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter frozen and shredded
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
- 2 peaches peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup cleaned raspberries
For the topping
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp turbinado sugar or granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare peaches by cleaning and cutting them in small pieces. Set aside with washed raspberries.2 peaches
- Using butter that has been frozen, shred the butter on the large holes of a box grater or cheese shredder. Then return shredded butter to the freezer.10 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt.2 cups all-purpose flour, ¼ cup almond flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1 tsp kosher salt
- Whisk in prepared butter.
- Add cream and stir in until a shaggy dough forms.¾ cup heavy cream
- Roughly knead with hands then place on a well-floured surface. Knead to create a uniform dough then pat into a rectangle. Roll dough into a 10×14-inch rectangle, making sure to keep the sides even.
- Sprinkle dough with lemon zest.2 tsp lemon zest
- Spread mascarpone cheese on ⅔ of the dough, then sprinkle evenly with peaches and raspberries.3 tbsp mascarpone cheese, ¾ cup cleaned raspberries
- Fold the dough into thirds (like a letter), starting with the empty third. Press folded pastry lightly to adhere to the fruit.
- Cut the dough in half then each half in three pieces. Then cut each piece into two triangles.
- Place scones on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Brush the tops with remaining cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.2 tbsp heavy cream, 2 tbsp turbinado sugar
- Place in preheated oven and bake until lightly golden and firm to the touch, 20-30 minutes.
- Cool on baking pans for five minutes then on cooling racks until ready to eat.