So much easier to make than regular biscuits, these ginger and peach drop biscuits are the essence of summer. They’re flavored with diced peaches and a few simple ingredients that could easily make them the perfect biscuit!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup candied crystallized ginger
- 1 cup diced peach (about 1 large peach)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, salt, and granulated sugar. Whisk to combine. Slice the cold butter into 1/2-inch pieces and work into the dry ingredients using fingers or a pastry cutter. Cut the butter into the mixture until it looks like coarse crumbs no larger than the size of a pea.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, vanilla, and egg. Whisk until smooth and pour into the dry ingredients.
- Dice the candied ginger and add to the mixture along with the diced peach.
- Mix the ingredients with a fork to create a shaggy wet dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or measuring cup, scoop and drop 1/2 cup biscuits on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with heavy cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven until the biscuits are golden, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories: 307
- Sugar: 14.1g
- Sodium: 709.9mg
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated Fat: 8.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 39.9g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
Keywords: peach, summer, brunch, breakfast