There’s nothing like fresh peaches in the summer. And this peach rosemary ice cream is a perfect blend of fruit and herbs!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup peach puree (approximately 3 peaches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Mira-Cleer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 small rosemary sprigs
- To make the peach puree, peel peaches and remove the pits. Cut into large pieces and blend with an immersion or countertop blender until smooth.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, combine the 2 cups milk, heavy cream, prepared peach puree sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Whisk to combine and place over medium heat.
- While the milk mixture is heating, in a separate bowl, combine the reserved 2 tablespoons milk and Mira-Cleer. Whisk together until smooth.
- Bring the milk mixture to a rolling boil and continue to boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and slowly whisk in the Mira-Cleer slurry. Return to heat and bring back to a rolling boil. It is essential the mixture comes back to a rolling boil to activate the thickener.
- Remove from heat add the vanilla extract and rosemary sprigs. Stir to combine and steep for 20 minutes.
- Once steeped, remove the rosemary sprigs and pour the ice cream base into an airtight container. Cover and chill for 6-8 hours. The ice cream base can be stored for up to 48 hours.
- Once ready to chill, follow the manufacturer’s instructions with the ice cream maker. Churn approximately 25 minutes. Enjoy immediately as soft serve or pour into an airtight container and place in freezer 4-6 hours for a hard serve.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 31.9g
- Sodium: 330.7mg
- Fat: 15.6g
- Saturated Fat: 9.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 33.7g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 48.1mg
Keywords: ice cream, peach, rosemary