Nothing could be better than this grilled chicken berry salad for the Fourth of July! Complete with a lemon poppy seed dressing and sprinkled with raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries, spinach has never tasted this great!
For the chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup grilled lemon juice (grilled component optional)
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
- 3/4 cup neutral oil (vegetable or safflower)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
For the salad
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 ounces blueberries
- 4 ounces raspberries
- 6 ounces strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 feta cheese, crumbled
- In a gallon-size zip top bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper, and smashed garlic. Mix to combine and add the chicken breasts. Squeeze the air out and zip the bag shut tightly. Marinate in refrigerator 1-2 hours.
- Remove the marinated chicken from refrigerator 15 minutes before grilling. Grill over high heat, turning once until the breasts register 160 degrees Fahrenheit in the thickest part of the breast, about six minutes per side.
- Optional: grill lemons while grilling the chicken.
- Once at the correct temperature, remove chicken and lemons from the grill and let rest while preparing the dressing.
- In a medium bowl, combine the grilled lemon juice, lemon zest, dijon mustard, honey, oil, Greek yogurt, and poppy seeds. Whisk to combine.
- Assemble salad by placing cleaned spinach on a large plater. Pour on dressing and toss to combine. Reserve some of the dressing to drizzle on the chicken later.
- Top with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and feta cheese.
- Cut chicken crosswise and spread across the salad. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 456
- Sugar: 8.9g
- Sodium: 237.3mg
- Fat: 34.2g
- Saturated Fat: 25.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 25.7g
- Cholesterol: 79.4mg
Keywords: brunch, summer