There’s nothing more classic than a banana muffin. But when you stuff it with chocolate chunks and drizzle more on top, it’s transformed into the best muffin ever!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 ripe bananas)
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly cut into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 15 muffin cups with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 3 minutes.
- With the mixer on low, add the eggs one at a time, mixing for 30 seconds after each addition. Add vanilla, and mix to incorporate. Mix in the Greek yogurt and mashed banana for 30 seconds.
- With the mixer off, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just incorporated, about 1 minute. There may be a few small lumps.
- Chop the chocolate into pieces. Leave the fine crumbs on the cutting board and add only the pieces. Fold with a spatula.
- Portion the batter evenly into the 15 prepared muffin cups. Bake in the preheated oven until domed and a skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean, about 24-28 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a rack.
- To garnish, drizzle melted chocolate on top.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 25.8g
- Sodium: 218.7mg
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated Fat: 7.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 47.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 42.8mg
Keywords: brunch, muffins