This fruit ice is pretty much a combination of incredibly fresh fruit juice flavors! Grapefruit, lime, and even beet come together (with a little bit of optional alcohol) to create a refreshing dessert!
- 1 3/4 cups pink grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup beet juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup limoncello liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Heat over medium-high until the sugar dissolves to a clear color and the mixture begins to simmer, 5-7 minutes. Once clear, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Combine the grapefruit, lime, and beet juice with the limoncello.
- When the sugar syrup has cooled, add to the juices. Stir to combine and pour into a glass 9×13 baking dish. Place in freezer.
- Using a fork, stir every two hours, breaking up larger pieces until completely frozen, 6 hours.
- Before serving, use a fork to scrape the ice to create scoopable consistency.
- This recipe can be made up to one week before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 23.6g
- Sodium: 10.2mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 27.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg