Be warned: once you make this peppermint white hot chocolate, the regular stuff just won’t taste the same. A combination of white chocolate and peppermint make this the perfect, cozy Christmas-time drink!
- 20 ounces white chocolate bars
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder (optional but intensifies the flavor)
- 8 standard candy canes, crushed
- 1 quart half and half
- 1 quart whole milk
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Heat in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between until melted and smooth.
- Add the peppermint extract and the vanilla powder and stir to incorporate.
- Pour into a half sheet pan and spread to an even layer. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy and cool until solid, about 6 hours.
- Combine the half and half and milk and heat to 160 degrees.
- Break the peppermint bark into pieces making sure they fit into the glasses.
- Serve the warm milk in cups and allow guests to add peppermint bark to taste.
- Serving Size: 6 ounces
- Calories: 381
- Sugar: 44.9g
- Sodium: 99mg
- Fat: 19.7g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 45.4g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 24.5mg
Keywords: Christmas, drink, appetizer