Why go through the motions of preparing an entire turkey this Thanksgiving? This turkey roulade stuffed with a pancetta and kale mixture is much easier and super delicious!
- 1 whole turkey breast, bone removed, about 5 pounds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces thick cut pancetta
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 6 leaves sage, chopped finely
- 5 ounces lacinato kale, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces Parmesan grated
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 3 sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a 12-inch skillet. Add pancetta and sauté until the pancetta begins to brown on all sides, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the onion, salt and pepper. Sauté until the onion is softened, 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme and sage and sauté 1 minute.
- Add the kale and continue to sauté until the kale is beginning to wilt and soften, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl to cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled to room temperature, add the lemon juice and cheese. Stir to incorporate.
- Open the deboned turkey breast with the skin side facing down. With a sharp knife, butterfly the breast like an open book.
- Salt and pepper the turkey and place the prepared stuffing mixture over the meat. Starting with the short end to ensure a nice roll, roll up the breast. Use 6 10-inch pieces of bakers twine to tightly secure the roulade. Place in a roasting pan.
- In a small kettle, melt the remaining four tablespoons butter with the two sprigs of thyme and three sage leaves. Allow to steep 10 minutes.
- Brush the entire roulade with the melted butter and place in the preheated oven. Roast until the skin is dark brown and the meat registers 145 degrees on an instant-read thermometer in the middle of the roulade, about one hour to one and a half hours.
- Remove from the oven and tent with foil. Let the turkey rest 20 minutes before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 236
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Sodium: 346.9mg
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2.1g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 30.2g
- Cholesterol: 83.9mg