The sweetness of the peaches and spiciness of the jalapeños make this a winning combination – all in jam form! It’s a late summer treat perfect in so many uses!
- 3 1/2 pounds peaches
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 4-inch sprig rosemary
- To easily peel peaches, blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove from water and place directly in ice water. Chill 5 minutes and remove.
- Discard peach skins then cut peaches into thin wedges and discard pits.
- In a large heavy bottomed pan, combine the peaches, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, jalapeños and rosemary. Bring to a rolling boil and turn to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Skim off any foam sitting on top of the mixture and discard. Press a piece of parchment paper directly on the peaches. Cover and chill 4-6 hours.
- After the mixture has rested, strain the liquid from the peaches. Remove and discard the rosemary.
- Return the liquid to the pan and bring to a boil. Boil until the temperature registers 220-225 degrees.
- Add strained peaches and jalapeños back to the liquid and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and either can in a water bath or keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Alternately, this can be frozen for up to one year.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 32
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 0.1mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8.2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 01.g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: peach, jalapeño, jam