I hardly ever have a “traditional” dinner. What do I mean by traditional? Well, those heavy pasta-laden, saucy, meaty meals that are so delicious, but are just so… well, heavy. Instead, I use whatever my garden provides and make something that’s totally in season. During the summer, most evenings I’m outside late doing everything and anything that my garden needs (you can see recent shots of my garden over on Instagram). And when I make it inside for the evening, I crave something quick and flavorful. Hello broccoli and cauliflower salad!
By default, my go-to’s are salads. I take whatever is plentiful and throw it in a bowl – ok, maybe with a bit more finesse. This year I fell in love with this curried-flavored broccoli and cauliflower salad that’s loaded with extras like cherry tomatoes and topped with cashews.
If I can get anything with curry flavor, I’m in. Curry in pasta? I’m in. Curry in a salad? Obviously I’m in. Curry ice cream? Well, it’s debatable, but I’d definitely give it a try. Maybe this is inspiration for next year’s Ice Cream Week?
This salad seriously is delicious. Greek yogurt is the perfect base for the dressing that’s mixed with the veggies and there’s no guilt in any of this! I love when food is guilt free and delicious; it’s such a winning combination!
This is so simple to make and really captures the essence of what summer should be: fresh and easy!
Watch how to make this broccoli and cauliflower salad
When you make the recipe (and I really hope you do!), make sure to leave me a comment and a recipe rating so I know how it turned out for you!Print
With so many good things, this curry-flavored broccoli and cauliflower salad is a healthy choice for lunch or dinner! Cherry tomatoes and cashews make this salad feel like it’s straight from the garden!
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup roasted cashews
- Prepare a large bowl with 6 quarts of water and 3 cups of ice. Set aside.
- In a large kettle, bring 6 quarts of water to boil. Add one tablespoon salt and stir to dissolve.
- Place cauliflower in boiling water and cook until the florets just begin to soften, 3-4 minutes.
- Add broccoli and continue to cook until both cauliflower and broccoli are tender crisp, an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from water and immediately place in prepared ice water. Let cool, drain and set aside.
- When the cauliflower and broccoli are drained and dry, place in large bowl.
- To prepare dressing, whisk the yogurt, lime juice, molasses, curry powder, turmeric, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined and smooth.
- Pour dressing over cauliflower and broccoli, reserving some to add later.
- Mix in tomatoes, onion, cilantro.
- Stir and add raisins.
- Finish with cashews and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 12.5g
- Sodium: 2381.8mg
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19.5g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Cholesterol: 5.5mg
Keywords: cauliflower, broccoli, curry