The Fourth of July is full of excitement. It’s the quintessential summer holiday, usually spent outdoors with something grilled in one hand and an ice cold drink in the other. As a family, we always went into town and watched the fireworks after a long day of eating, parades and a lots of sun. Of course no Fourth of July is complete without something sweet and this cookie tart hits the spot. It’s a delicious combination of sugar cookie crust with a simple fruit and yogurt topping. Make the crust a day before then assemble the day of and you’re ready to go!
Don’t worry, you don’t have to make this only during the Fourth of July. This dessert is perfect all summer long and can really be made with any fruit!
Have a happy Fourth!
Watch how to make this fruit laden cookie tart
Other fruit desserts you may enjoy:
- Poached pears that are so deliciously sweet and perfect during the upcoming fall season.
- Another simple fruit tart that I made a few years ago, but is still high on my list of favorites.
- Strawberries and rhubarb together in one shortcake recipe? Sign me up!
Make sure to leave me a comment and rate the recipe to let me know how this tart turned out for you!Print
Strawberries and blueberries come together with a cookie tart to form the perfect Fourth of July dessert! This totally works for other holidays as well, so there’s no excuse NOT to make it!
For the sugar cookie crust
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
For the yogurt filling
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, cleaned with stems removed
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries, washed and cleaned
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly (or preserves, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon water
For the crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl to ensure everything is combined evenly.
- Add the vanilla and egg. Mix until incorporated.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Press into a 8×11 tart pan or 9×9 baking pan. Bake until the edges are set and the center has puffed and fallen, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool. Crust can be made a day in advance or up to one week ahead and frozen.
For the filling
- Mix all ingredients together and stir until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness if desired.
- Spread evenly on prepared and cooled crust.
- Place strawberries in rows on top, leaving a corner for the blueberries.
- Repeat step with rows of blueberries in open corner.
- Mix together jelly and water and brush on top of fruit.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 12.2g
- Sodium: 200.4mg
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 28.5g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 46.2mg
Keywords: cookie tart, strawberry, blueberry