Ice cream is my go-to sweet tooth craving. I can always be in the mood, and as my dad used to say, it can always fill in the cracks. This ice cream is over the top. A simple milk chocolate base with brownies, caramel and pretzels goes to another level. With sweet, smooth and delicious flavors, it’s the best way to end Ice Cream Week!
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 fudgy brownies
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup pretzel pieces
- In a 5 quart heavy bottomed kettle, whisk together 2 cups milk, cream, sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- While heating, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons of milk and cornstarch.
- Allow milk mixture to boil for 2 minutes then remove from heat and slowly whisk in cornstarch slurry.
- Return to heat until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in pieces of milk chocolate and vanilla extract. Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Let cool to room temperature then place in an airtight container and chill at least 8 hours.
- Once chilled, freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturers' instructions. (Mine takes about 25 minutes.)
- When ice cream is frozen, stir in brownies, caramel and pretzel pieces.
- Place in airtight container and freeze an additional 4-6 hours. Stirring in the extra items will soften the ice cream.
If you’re looking for recipes for the add-in’s, try my brownie recipe and my caramel recipe.
This is an addicting treat and once that has become my guilty pleasure!