Nothing is more summer than a pie. With summer coming to a fast close I had to squeeze in one of my favorite desserts. A pie is perfect anytime of the year, and for me, it evokes homemade nostalgia at its best. This one is chilled and is simply perfect for those warm days!
- 1-prebaked 10-inch pie shell
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons peach jello
- 1 package gelatin
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup blackberries, cleaned
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn starch, salt, corn syrup and 1 cup water. Stir and place over medium heat. In a separate bowl, pour package of gelatin over 3 tablespoons water to let bloom. Raise heat on stove and bring mixture to a low boil. Cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Once thickened, remove from heat. Add bloomed gelatin and peach jello, stirring to combine. Fold in prepared peaches and blackberries.
- Pour filling into a pre-baked pie shell and place in refrigerator for 4-8 hours until completely chilled.
- If you want to use a 9″ shell, reserve 1 cup of the thickened fruit and filling in a separate bowl and enjoy separately.
Make sure to grab my favorite pie crust recipe.
This pie is best served with lightly whipped cream or a homemade ice cream. Your guests will ask you to make this for every event. It truly brings the best flavors of the season together in a fabulous pie!