Yeah, I know what you’re thinking: “Homemade pizza dough?!? When I want pizza, I pick up the phone and order!” I admit that may be quick, but I think this could almost – I never make promises – be quicker and most definitely better. To tell the truth, I never knew what delivery was growing up. No I’m not that sheltered, but we just lived in that rural of area that the delivery drivers wouldn’t even deign to suggest delivering. So when we had pizza, it was always homemade and always delicious. This dough is extremely fast, easy and will give you the option for homemade pizza whenever you want it!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 – 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant rapid rise yeast
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and salt in the water.
- Add olive oil, whole wheat flour, 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour and yeast.
- Stir together to form a sticky dough. Add only enough flour for a smooth but soft dough.
- Work a few times on the counter until smooth, then place in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 15 minutes. The dough will not rise much during the resting time.
- After resting, roll or press out dough into desired shape or into a pizza pan. This is enough dough for a 21×15-inch sheet pan or 18-inch round pizza pan.
- Place in preheated 400 degree oven for 6-8 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove and top with any sauces and toppings desired. Finish baking for 15-20 minutes with toppings.
- Alternatively, the raw dough can be frozen before the resting stage. When it’s time to use, remove from freezer and thaw to room temperature, about 2-3 hours. Then continue with recipe.
Really this is so simple and easy. Oh and did I mention delicious?! Have fun coming up with pizza combinations because the possibilities are endless!